Trade Show and Event Tips
Trade Show exhibiting is all about marketing your products or services at expositions, conferences, and trade shows. However, if you are new to exhibit or event marketing, you will be faced with more questions than answers: What size booth do I need? How much should I budget for show expenses? What the heck is freight drayage?
The following articles explore a wide range of trade show topics, such as Exhibit Marketing, Flooring Choices, and Booth Etiquette. Want to know more? Give us a call or send us an email. Whether you are a trade show novice or a trade show warrior, we look forward to turning your next event -- into an EVENT!
Table of Contents
- Trade Shows are Like First Dates
- What You Should Know Before Buying Your First Trade Show Exhibit
- When Trade Shows Don't Make Sense
- Tips for a Successful Installation & Dismantle
- 10 Quick Tips for Any Trade Show Newbie
- 13 Common Trade Show Mistakes
- The ABC's of Trade Show and Exhibit Marketing
- What Not to Wear (at a Trade Show)
- Standard Booth Regulations and Types (USA)
Becoming an Exhibit Marketing Expert
- 10 Easy Ways to Stand Out from the Pack at Your Next Trade Show
- Determining Your Exhibit and Trade Show Budget. Whatís the Real Cost?
- Building a Better Booth: Design and Planning
- Trade Show Marketing 101: Branding and Corporate Identity
- How to Use Trade Show Incentives
- Maximizing Your Exposure: Press Kits, Press Releases, and Trade Shows
- Conducting Product Demos at Trade Shows
- Customer Feedback: Using Surveys at Trade Shows
Design, Lighting, and Graphics Tips
- Seven Critical Trade Show Exhibit Design Tips
- Selecting a Trade Show Exhibit Designer
- Trade Show Graphics that Sparkle and Shine
- Exhibit Signage that Speaks to Your Customers
- Four Valuable Lessons about Graphic Design
- Here's Looking at Hue -- The Importance of Color
- Using Lighting to Create Mood
- Setting the Right Mood with Color at Your Next Trade Show
- Graphic Industry Terms Defined by an Insider -- Part 1
- Partnering With Your Display Designer
Fine Tuning Your Trade Show Knowledge
- 30 Things That Conspire to Destroy Your Beautiful Trade Show Exhibit
- Pulling Back the Curtain. A Practical Guide to Onsite Trade Show Services
- 10 Tips for a Successful Installation and Dismantle
- Trade Show Security Issues: Corporate Cloak and Dagger
- Another Crisis Averted -- Emergency Trade Show Booth Supplies
- Lessons Learned at Charm School: Speaking with Prospective Customers
- 7 Tips to Trade Show Booth Selection
- Trade Show Lead Management
- Pedestals and Workstations and Counters! Oh My!
Displays and Exhibits
- 10 Things to Consider Before Buying a Portable Hybrid Display
- Pop Up Display Secrets -- Direct from the Source
- Understanding the Hybrid Exhibit Solution
- Sacagawea vs. Magellan vs. Perfect 10 vs. Visionary Designs
- Eco-Friendly Flooring Options Make it Easy to Be Green
- Exhibits: Rental vs. Purchase; Whatís Right for You?
- Now That Youíve Decided to Rent Your Trade Show Exhibit
Trade Show Training
- Trade Show Exhibit Staffing: Doís and Doníts
- Are You Chewing Gum? The Basics of Trade Show Booth Etiquette
- What's the Difference between a Shopping Mall and a Trade Show?
Trade Show Resources
- Trade Show and Event Glossary Ė The Beginnerís Guide
- Trade Show and Event Associations, Resources, and Publications
General (but important) Stuff
- Production lead times are based on business days and DO NOT include any shipping days.
- Production-ready artwork (when applicable) must accompany the order confirmation. Delays in uploading artwork may lead to expedited charges or shipping changes.
- No order will be released to Production without a signed order confirmation.
- Shipping is based on the availability of materials and graphics. Additional charges may apply if materials or graphics must be expedited.
- Shorter lead times may be available based on schedule openings in Customer Service and Production. Rush charges may apply.
- Standard lead times do not apply to orders of multiple quantities.
- Please check for product availability on ALL RENTAL exhibits.
- Dimensional Weight vs. Actual Weight: Dimensional weight is defined as crate or case size. On most air shipments, the dimensional weight exceeds the actual weight
- Portable Cases vs. Wood Crates or Molded Tubs (where applicable): Exhibit designs that require one wood crate would require multiple portable cases. Selecting one vs. the other affects the total weight (dimensional or actual).
- Freight Carrier: LTL carriers (Less than Truckload) quote freight based on space used. UPS, FedEx, and air freight carriers quote freight based on either the dimensional or the actual weight of the shipment.
- Freight Service Level (number of days): Service levels range from Same Day Delivery to Two Week Delivery.
- Inline vs. Island Displays
- Lead Retrieval Devices
- Computer and Monitor Cables
- Demo Equipment
- Overhead Lighting
- Grommets and Grommet Placement in Counters
- Overhead vs. Floor Power Supply
- Flooring and Electrical Wiring
- Options for Hiding Cords and Cables
- Flat vs. Round Electrical Cords
- Multi-Plug Outlets and Extension Cords